Thursday, October 4, 2007

angel dreams

from deleted story blog written June 2005. actually based on a dream I had... it's kind of gruesome but i really like how it turned out so posted it anyways.

angel dreams

I awoke to the feel of your lips pressed lightly to my forehead. I openned my eyes to see you rolling over smiling. I knew no matter what, today would be okay. I mentally giggled as I forced myself from my comfortable position and rolled over closer to your comfort and warmth. Should I wake you?? No- It definately was not time to be awake. It was time to drift off and dream of the angel who had joined me in a few more hours of sleep by taking a moment to kiss me and lay back down rather than wake me...

It was a normal day, you and I just spending time together running a few errands and stopping by the mall for lunch and a break from the heat. We walked around holding hands and planning what we were going to buy my brother for his birthday. The world was perfect as you stopped to kiss me, wrapping your arms around me tightly with no concern of the people milling around us. Someone yelled and my perfect world ceased to exist. We looked up as five dark hooded figures headed towards us.

"Don't worry baby." You said it so sure like there was no reason for fear. They drew closer to us and I knew a fight was imminent. After a short stuggle the world faded from my eyes. I awoke to complete darkness.

Somewhere in the distance a struggle was happening. My head was screaming out in pain. I forced my eyes open trying to focus. There you were fighting a strange figure. Something was wrong though because not only was this the strangest place ever but you had wings. The figure fell and you ran towards me pulling me into your arms.

"Baby, baby are you alright?" I finally knew what you looked like when you were scared.

"Your feathers are tickling me but I think I'll live." I chuckled and only recieved one of your famous smirks. Obviously it wasn't funny given the situation. I leaned in closer to you and tried to stay awake and focused. "My head hurts baby. We have to get out of here."

"Can you walk?" You pushed my hair back and kissed my forehead. My energy drained and I barely responded. You lifted me and started to walk down a dark tunnel- the only way in or out so it would seem. You continued talking to me as I faded in and out of conciousness. "...we'll go see the ocean and i'll even play in the water with you..." "...you have to stay alive baby i need you..." etc...

Lifting my head from your shoulder I asked "what is that noise?"

We had been in the tunnel for a while and I was able to stay alert more and more. It hurt so bad though. We stopped for a moment to rest and the noise grew louder. There was something, no some things, coming toward us.

Although my eyes had adjusted to the darkness of the tunnel, I still could not see. You told me to wait as you went to check it out. I had begged you not to leave my side but you promised I would have you for the next sixty years as soon as we got out of here. I sank into the wall. There was something so strange about this place, I felt like I was forgetting something. I forgot to stay awake while focussing on feeling better.

I came back to a few minutes later to the sounds of fighting. Suddenly the struggle stopped and the sounds of whimpering could be heard a few hundred feet away. There was also the sound of flesh tearing. I was terrified, it was too dark to make out exactly what I was hearing. I thought for a moment and stood up in the darkness. Suddenly I was calm and sure light glowing around me. More, I needed more to see. Out of nowhere a soft hue covered the walls. The most painful scream I have ever heard resounded on the walls as creatures with horrid claws and teeth ran from the light. My heart stopped, the scream had come from me.

It had been you whimpering as they tore your flesh. There was blood everywhere. You were on your knees bent over clasping your sides, crying, with wings bent over around you. I ran towards you telling myself that you would be fine. That we would get out of here and have that sixty years we always joked about. I would help you- only i didn't know how. All I knew is that I would not lose my angel.
The lighting dimmed slightly in my confusion of anger and fear. They came from thin air- horrid creatures with dead eyes covered in blood, your blood- reaching towards me with sharp claws. They were tearing my skin, blocking me from you. They had to go away. I had to get to you. Anger welled in me like an electric storm surging through my body. A creature charged at me and suddenly there was lightning all around. The screech was worse than the smell of his charred skin. It's eyes were blank not quite dead but absent. I started to attack them all then- creatures flying screeching and char... it all jumbled together. I ran for you as soon as they were all dead but it was too late. You were lying hunched not breathing blood pouring everywhere.

"Baby, wake up" I said as your wounds faded and blood disappeared. "please wake up I need you." You wouldn't wake though. All of that and I could not save the angel that had risked his life to save mine. I started crying, there was no hope for the one I loved. Someone had to wake up... then I knew. I knew you were in bed next to me and that this was only a dream. If I could wake up you would be alright. You would still be there. I screamed to myself to wake up... Nothing... I yelled again, pleading with the universe that I was right... Darkness... Sunlight... There you were just as I had told myself you would be. Lying there holding me- an angel without wings.

No comments: