Tuesday, October 16, 2007

a couple love poems

rescued from deleted livejournal. Oct 2005

**dark soul**

i sit here watching the darkness close in around you
wanting to pull you into my loving light
but it's too far gone for you to want me
my pain is your only sickening delight
i don't want to save you
you must do that on your own
i just want you to remember
that you always have a home
my arms will always hold you
as will my broken heart
but you have yet to enjoy your freedom
and so we stay apart
when you need me seek me out
i'll be waiting right here for you
as a friend as a lover as a sister
whatever you need to make grey skies turn blue

-----

**Tears**

angel tears fall from these eyes
and a darkness falls onto blue skies
my love can't help you anymore
not when all you see is a w***e
mistakes have been made and love forgotten
but no beloved it is the angel who feels rotten
behind this robe is the world i save for you
behind this robe is still the girl who loves you
but then i realize your words were not for me
how could they ever be
hasn't it always been about your love for her
but then as i sit here crying i still wonder

------

**love**

all poets want love to inspire sonnets
i'd settle if it didn't result in pain
all sun bathers want to see flowers
but they can't stand it when it rains
i would be a poet and write the sonnet
that would finally touch your heart
and i would bathe in the love it brought
until that love fell apart
nothing is forever
how can it ever be
especially when happiness
is forbidden to one like me

No comments: